Silver Dinner Table Forks
Engraved with the initial K to each terminal, good clear hallmarks.
Of very good weight and in good order with minor tine wear.
Each measures 202 mm in length.
|MAKER or SPONSOR MARK
The Edinburgh Assay Office is the last remaining Assay Office in Scotland. It is one of the four remaining Assay Offices in the United Kingdom. The Edinburgh Assay Office is situated in Goldsmiths Hall, a former church, in Broughton Street.
The history of hallmarking at the Edinburgh Assay Office began in 1457 when the first hallmarking act of Scotland was passed. It is an independent, privately run business, owned by the Incorporation of Goldsmiths of the City of Edinburgh. Originally the Deacon, or leader of the craft, assayed and marked the members’ items, but in 1681 a separate Assay Master was appointed to oversee this task.
Local and international clients trust the Edinburgh Assay Office to produce perfect hallmarks every time and they are world leaders in hallmarking.
They provide tailored services to suit each client, whether they require artisanal hand marking or laser marks, using the latest technology.